Kyocera Group CSR Guidelines
The Kyocera Group establishes the Kyocera Group CSR Guidelines, our standards of corporate conduct, and will act towards the creation of a sustainable society.
Kyocera Group CSR Guidelines
Since its foundation, Kyocera has declared that it will “provide opportunities for the material and intellectual growth of all our employees, and through our joint efforts, contribute to the advancement of society and humankind” as its management rationale and has managed its business based on the Kyocera Philosophy – the core of management in the Kyocera Group. By practicing the Kyocera Philosophy on a daily basis, we will contribute to the sound development of society as well as build mutual trust with stakeholders, and continuously develop the Kyocera Group.
We therefore establish the Kyocera Group CSR Guidelines, our standards of corporate conduct, and will act towards the creation of a sustainable society.
These guidelines apply to Kyocera Corporation and Kyocera Group companies, as well as all executive officers and employees.
We shall observe laws, regulations and corporate rules, have unshakable moral values based on the Kyocera Philosophy and perform corporate activities globally, making decisions based on the criterion of “What is the right thing to do as a human being?”
Human Rights Initiatives and labor
- 2-We shall always be aware of changes in work environments and the characteristics and culture of each country to build up a personnel system that can respond appropriately.
- 2-We shall respect the Human Rights Initiatives of employees and not treat them severely or inhumanely, including abuse or any type of harassment.
- 2-We shall promote the creation of attractive, rewarding work environments by attempting to share opinions and information with employees.
- 2-We shall respect the right of freedom of association based on the laws, regulations and labor practices of each country.
- 2-We shall not allow forced labor or child labor.
- 2-We shall not engage in unfair and discriminatory treatment.
Health and safety
We shall observe laws and regulations related to health and safety, fire control, and undertake health and safety measures more actively and continuously including through the implementation of risk assessment and emergency preparedness to provide work environments that are accident and disaster-free, where employees can work in safety and free from anxiety.
We shall regard the KKyocera Group Environmental Safety Policy as our guideline for the environmental protection activities to be achieved. We shall perform improvement activities more actively and continuously to contribute to global environmental protection by working in a comprehensive fashion on environmental measures such as environmental preservation, energy conservation, climate change prevention, resource conservation, global environmental product development and biodiversity conservation. At the same time, we shall communicate those efforts widely to society.
Fair trade and ethics
- 5-We shall compete fairly, transparently and freely, and carry out fair trade.
- 5-We shall arrange and manage a clear import and export management system in accordance with related laws and regulations in Japan and overseas.
- 5-When procuring materials, we shall conform to laws and regulations, do business faithfully, justly and fairly without abusing any dominant bargaining position, and work to build up partnerships based on mutual trust.
- 5-We shall request business partners to understand and cooperate with our CSR activities.
- 5-We shall create, protect and utilize intellectual property rights, respect the intellectual property rights of others, and prevent any violation of their rights.
- 5-We shall neither offer nor receive inappropriate profits in relationships with stakeholders.
- 5-We shall maintain sound and normal relationships with political organizations and the authorities, and shall never offer bribes or illegal political contributions.
- 5-We shall steadfastly maintain an attitude of confrontation with antisocial forces and reject any unjust claim.
- 5-We shall carry out activities to prevent wrongdoing and also arrange systems to detect and respond to it immediately.
- 5-We shall not purchase any materials or products including conflict minerals or metals derived from them that create a source of funds for armed groups causing Human Rights Initiatives violations.
Quality and product safety
We shall regard the Kyocera Quality Policy and Kyocera Product Safety Policy as our guidelines to be achieved.
We shall always foster communication with society through appropriate information disclosure and active PR and IR activities; and aim at being a fair, highly transparent and open business enterprise.
- 7-We shall strive to disclose information to stakeholders including stockholders and investors quickly, appropriately and fairly; and promote understanding of our management and business activities.
- 7-We shall foster fair stock transactions and strive to prevent insider trading such as the buying and selling of stocks based on undisclosed internal information.
We shall be aware that personal information and confidential information are important and strive to prevent information leakages while maintaining and promoting information security.
- 8-We shall be aware that personal information is important information that constitutes privacy, and strive to protect it thoroughly.
- 8-We shall properly manage and protect confidential information received from customers or third parties, and confidential information of companies obtained in the conduct of business, and prevent any leakage or misuse.
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
We shall formulate a BCP and aim for quick recovery and operation even if concerns over supply arise due to disaster, etc.
Based on the awareness that a business enterprise is a member of society, we shall do our duty at all times as a corporate citizen that supports the development of local communities and society, and carry out various social contribution activities, not just business.
- 10-We shall actively interact with local people and support sports to contribute to the development of local communities.
- 10-We shall strive to do our duty as a member of society through various activities that contribute to society such as education, research, culture, the arts, international exchange and cooperation, and environmental protection activities.
- Environmental Safety Policy / Targets and Promotion System
- Climate Change Scenario
- Measures to Counter Climate Change
- Water Risk Response
- Recycling Activities
- Initiatives to Prevent Environmental Pollution
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Environmentally Friendly Products / Green Procurement
- Environmental Communication
- A History of Our Environmental Protection Activities
- Active Promotion of Human Resources with Diverse Skillsets
- Human Rights Initiatives
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Occupational Safety
- Occupational Health, Safety, and Fitness Initiatives
- Supply Chain Management
- Approaches to Raising Quality and Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Social Contribution Activities
- Academic Advancement and Research
- Support for Culture and the Arts
- International Exchanges and Collaboration
- Environmental Protection Activities
- Local Community Activities
- Contributions to Society through Business Activities