- Silicon carbide maintains its strength even at temperatures up to 1400°C.
- Notable features of this material are extremely high thermal conductivity and electrical semiconductivity.
- Silicon nitride has high hardness and corrosion reisistance due to its chemical and physical stability.
Dimensional precision achieved by machining
When dimensional precision is required for machined ceramics, Kyocera is capable of achieving the tolerances as shown in the table below. If greater tolerances are required, please consult us.
MACHINING DIMENSIONAL PRECISION
(Data are in mm unless otherwise specified)
1.Ground ceramic blocks and plates
2.Round and Square Bars
PRECISION MACHINED PRODUCTS
Ultra-precision is possible with Kyocera's unique techniques.
Precision machining is affected by shape and material.
Some practical examples are shown in the table below.
* Surface roughness depends on the material. The data shown here indicates where alumina is used.
* The values are typical material properties and may vary according to products configuration and manufacturing process. For more details, Please feel free to contact us.
* 1: All values for apparent density and bulk density are the same, except for A482R which lists apparent density only.